APPLE MAC OSX PANTHER
Apples latest version of their UNIX based operating system OS 10.3 named Panther has now been released. Some of you may already be using earlier versions of this OSX, however many of you will have been holding on to OS9.2 until the applications you use become OS 10 native. Well with the release of Macromedia Studio MX 2004, the Adobe Creative Suite and QuarkXPress 6 you should upgrade to Mac OSX Panther now to take advantage of the new design features and enhanced performance that these applications bring.
The OSX operating system brings many enhancements to the performance of your Apple Mac. We list here just some of the key features of this OS quoted from Apples own website;
The Aqua User Interface
- Simple and elegant design
- Easy to use and intuitive for new users, with powerful features for professionals.
- Innovative organisational features such as Exposé and Finder
- Fully customisable to the way you work
Stability and Performance
- UNIX-based core operating system provides industrial-strength foundation
- Protected memory and advanced memory management increase system stability
- Pre-emptive multi-tasking boosts system performance and responsiveness
- Symmetric multi-processing takes advantage of dual-processor systems
- Modern standards-based networking offers seamless network integration
- High-performance I/O architecture provide plug-and-play support for USB and FireWire peripherals
... but do you need to know all this?. You just need your computer to do the tasks you want quickly and efficiently with the minimum amount of hassle and downtime through system failure and easily find the applications and files you want. Well the OS does all this and much much more. While we have always run Intro to Mac classes for users we anticipate that with all the major design applications now fully OSX native you will want to upgrade - so we have developed the course that will help you to with the smooth transition from the classic MacOS to Panther.